Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Their reports use DashPass and DoorDash order data from January 1, 2021, to October 1, 2021. Beyond late-night snacking, they also found, analyzing March 2021 data (when the vaccine became available), an increase in items like electrolyte-based drinks of 112%.
Key Findings for Convenience Stores
What were people ordering for late-night snacking?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice cream
- Lemon-Lime Soda
- Mac and Cheese Bites
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Energy Drink
- Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips
- Sour Gummy Worms
- Beef Jerky
- Frosted Mini Donuts
- Pickle Bites
For the first half of 2021, these were a few takeaways:
- Snacking orders increase for items such as:
- Glazed donuts (501% increase)
- Sweet tea (284% increase)
- Sour cream and cheddar potato chips (112% increase)
As vaccines became readily available in March, we also saw an increase in items like electrolyte-based drinks (112% increase) and aspirin (49%).